Comment on page
Initial Asset Registration
The initial asset registration is a critical step to trace and verify the provenance of digital assets. By registering the asset on Numbers, users can create a permanent and immutable record of its ownership and history. This record can be used to prove that the asset is authentic and has not been tampered with.
This API can help users to perform the initial registration of assets and making them available in the Numbers network. There are several actions performed by this API, including:
- Pin the content file to IPFS with Filecoin backup.
- The Asset Registration API operates on a pay-per-use principle, meaning you're only billed for the API calls you executed.
- The limit of registered assets number and file size depends on the pricing plan.
- However, the IPFS pin file will only be accessible for one month. After one month, the file will be unpinned and no longer accessible.
- To make sure that the file is always accessible, users can subscribe to a Capture plan or choose the pay-as-you-go storage which costs 0.1 NUM per file per month.
- It's essential to maintain adequate funds in your wallet, either in the form of Credits or NUM, to cover the associated costs.
Enterprise Plan users may acquire an optional API key and include an extra header
x-api-keyto register the enterprise service's information during initial asset registration.
Once the POST request is successful, the asset will be registered on Numbers Mainnet and IPFS. The user may retrieve the Nid of the asset from the response.